Contest Rules & Regulations
Organiser & Eligibility
1. The AIR OPTIX® COLORS 24 X 7 BREATHTAKING CONTEST (“Contest”) is organised by Alcon Laboratories (M) Sdn. Bhd. (“the Organiser”) and is open to all Malaysian residents aged 18 years and above as of 21st March 2016 (individually and collectively known as “Participants”).
2. The following group of persons shall not be eligible to participate in the Contest: (a) Employees of the Organiser (including its affiliated and related companies) and their immediate family members (children, parents, brothers and sisters, including spouses); and/or (b) Representatives, employees, servants and/or agents of advertising and/or promotion service providers of the Organiser (including its affiliated and related companies], and their immediate family members (children, parents, brothers and sisters, including spouses).
3. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify Participants who do not fall under the category of“Participants” and/or who violate the Contest Terms and Conditions.
1. The Contest will run from 21st March 2016 to 17th April 2016 (“the Contest Period”). The Organiser shall reserve the absolute right to amend, postpone, reschedule or extend the Contest Period, or end the Contest at its absolute discretion without prior notice. The Organiser has the absolute right to change, amend, delete or add to the Contest Rules & Regulations, including the Contest mechanism, at any time at its absolute discretion, without prior notice.
Submission of Entries & Qualifying Criteria
Step 1: View 24 X 7 Breathtaking Beauty Makeup Tutorial at or through Alcon Malaysia Facebook.
Step 2: Complete the contest registration form with the required details and answer the question about the video correctly.
Step 3: Submit the contest registration form by clicking “SUBMIT”.
2. All entries received outside of the Contest Period will be automatically disqualified. Incomplete,illegible and/or inaccurate contest registration form, entries with the wrong answers, will be disqualified.
3. Each participant is allowed to submit one (1) entry only.
4. All contest registration forms received by Organiser during the Contest Period, complete with the required details and correct answer, if accepted by the Organiser, will be allocated a serial number (individually and collectively known as “Qualified Entries”).
1. There are a total of one thousand (1000) prizes to be won. Each prize consists of two (2) pieces of Air Optix® Colors contact lenses.
2. The serial number allocated to each Qualified Entry will be recorded to get the total number to be divided by 1000 to obtain the 1000 winning serial numbers. Should the division result in a decimal, the winning serial number will be rounded up to the nearest number. For example, if the serial number of the Qualified Entries comes to a total of 19,999, the number 19,999 will be divided by 1000, resulting in 19.99, which will be rounded up to 20. In this case, the multiple is 20, therefore, the winners of the prizes will be those serial numbers in multiples of 20, starting from 20, 40, 60, 80 until 1000 winners.
3. Each Participant can only win one (1) Prize throughout the Contest Period.
4. Winners will be notified via Facebook.
5. Winners need to claim the Prize from the optical stores that they have pre-selected in the contest registration form. Redemption voucher for prizes will be sent to winner’s email. In the event that the winner does not claim the prize within the stated period, the winner’s prize will be declared forfeit.
Liability & Responsibility
1. Winners must comply with all Terms and Conditions set by the party arranging and/or providing the prizes, and also any Terms and Conditions that are included with the prizes, if any. All prizes must be claimed within stated period. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
2. Winners and their heirs shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any liability,mishap, injury, damage, claim or accidents (including death) resulting from their participation in the Contest, redemption and/or utilisation of the prizes and agree to release and hold the Organiser free and harmless of any liability.
3. All transportation, accommodation, personal costs and/or any other costs, fees and/or related expenses that are incurred to participate in the Contest and to redeem the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner.
Rights of the Organiser
1. The Organiser reserves the absolute right to re-evaluate and change the process of winner selection contained here at any time, without prior notice. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
2. The Organiser reserves the absolute right to replace any prize with a prize of equal value at anytime, without prior notice.
All prizes are given “as is” and is not exchangeable for cash, credit, other goods or vouchers, either in part or in total.
3. By submitting the Contest Entry, all Participants agree and acknowledge that all intellectual rights there of are the property
of the Organiser. The Organiser has the absolute right to use the names and/or photographs of the winners and their prizes as materials for the purposes of advertising and/or trade and/or publicity, and the winners shall not be entitled to claim ownership and/or claim compensation on the materials.
Personal Data Protection Act
1. By participating in this Contest, the Participant gives consent to the Organiser to process the Participant’s personal data provided in the Entry forms, for the purpose of this Contest including, but not limited to, the usage on the Contest Website and/or the Organiser’s Facebook page.
2. At certain times, The Organiser is allowed to appoint a third-party to process the personal information provided by the Participants. All third-parties have a contractual obligation not to use the Participant’s personal information in any way other than as stated in this section.
3. Pursuant to the laws of Malaysia, the rights of the Participants includes: (a) the right to withdraw your consent of the usage of your personal data by contacting the Organiser at and providing your name and email address in order for the Organiser to remove your personal data; (b) the right to obtain a copy of the Participant’s personal data held by the Organiser (the Organiser also has the right to charge a reasonable fee to fulfil the request.); (c) the right to correct any incorrect personal data about you being held by the Organiser.
4. Should the Participant wish to raise any issues pertaining to the protection of the personal data with the Organiser, or to exercise any rights under the law, kindly contact the Organiser at Marketing.Malaysia@alcon.com.
5. The Organiser takes every reasonable precaution to ensure the protection of the Participant’s personal data and set guidelines for the processing of the data for any third-party, which they are required to comply with. Please note that the Organiser is obliged to disclose the Participant’s personal data as part of any obligation imposed by law, by warrant of search, subpoena and/or court order.
Terms & Conditions
1. The Contest Rules & Regulations may be amended from time to time and will be in force, despite any allowances or statements contained in any Contest promotional or other advertising materials.
2. By participating in this Contest, each Participant consents to the collection, use, processing and/or divulging by the Organiser of any and all of the Participant’s personal information, including but not limited to the Participant’s name, picture or image for the purposes of the Contest, including any advertising, publicity, marketing and promotion activities that are deemed necessary by the Organiser, in any media and without any compensation, notice or additional permissions, and any other activities related to the Contest.
3. By participating in this Contest, Participants agree to submit to and be bound by the Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Organiser.
4. For more information, email or send a private message to Alcon Malaysia Facebook page.